Whole wheat pizza
These isn’t a pizza in the real sense of the word, it doesn’t have raised dough, but crispy whole wheat dough with cream cheese which is not any less delicious than the regular pizza dough. The topping is deliciously aromatic and rich with nutrients.
- 200 gwhole–wheat flour
- 150 g cream cheese
- 3 spoons olive oil
- 400 gspinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 g tomatoes (blanched, peeled, chopped)
- 1 spoon tomato paste
- pinch nutmeg
- 50 g gorgonzola
- 2-3 spoonspine nuts
- Mix the flour with ½ spoon salt. Add cheese, olive oil and 4 spoons cold water and then knead dough until elastic. Heat the oven up to 225 degrees. Cover the pizza mould with parchment paper. Model the dough according to the mould with around 28 cm length, then place it in the mould and form a heightened edge.
- Wash the spinach, clean it and then steam it until it wilts. Wash it with cold water in order to preserve its lovely green colour and then drain the water from it.
- Chop garlic into slivers. Mix the tomatoes, previously chopped into smaller pieces, with some tomato juice, salt, pepper, oregano and tomato paste. Spread it all over the dough and top it with drained spinach.
- Add additional amount of salt, pepper and some nutmeg. Also add the garlic slivers, pine nuts and bits of gorgonzola.
- Bake in a heated oven around 15 minutes.
- Cover with some basil before serving.
Enjoy your meal!